September 10, 2014
Gulf of Mexico Standing and Special Reef Fish Scientific and Statistical Committees to Meet in October
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will convene its Standing and Special Reef Fish Scientific and Statistical Committees (SSCs) beginning at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, October 1, 2014, until noon Thursday, October 2, 2014. The meetings will be held at the Council office - 2203 N. Lois Avenue, Suite 1100, in Tampa, Florida.
The Standing and Special Reef Fish SSCs will review and discuss the results of the Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP) Calibration Workshop being held this week. Also on the agenda are review of:
- Gag Acceptable Biological Catch (ABC) with the 2014 red tide event incorporated
- Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission Hogfish Benchmark Assessment
- Estimates of Red Snapper Abundance on Alabama's Offshore Reefs
- Review of the Red Snapper Abundance, Biomass, and Catch Estimates Presented During Public Hearings
- Five-Year Research Plan
- Terms of Reference and Schedule for the Gray Triggerfish Standard Assessment
- ABC Control Rule - Council Comments & Next Steps
The committee will also review a draft agenda for the 2015 National SSC Meeting and tentative dates for 2015 SSC meetings.
This meeting will be broadcast over the internet via webinar. You can register to watch the meeting live at
http://gulfcouncil.org/council_meetings/Webinars.php. Meeting materials can be downloaded from the Council FTP site at https://public.gulfcouncil.org:5001/webman/index.cgi - username and password are both gulfguest.
Although non-emergency issues not contained in this agenda may come before this group for discussion, those issues may not be the subject of formal action during this meeting. Action will be restricted to those issues specifically identified in this notice and any issues arising after publication of this notice that require emergency action under section 305(c) of the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, provided the public has been notified of the Council's intent to take final action to address the emergency.